Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Toronto.
To begin the enrollment process, please complete the inquiry form below.
How it Works
As of January 2018, only applicants who are willing to travel to communities where we have waiting Mentees will be prioritized. Waiting Mentees currently reside in Scarborough, Rexdale and Regent Park.
All persons are welcome to begin the agency’s enrollment process if they are:
- Not anticipating a major life change such as relocating in the next 12 months or between employment opportunities
- Able to commit to the time required
- Have the ability to communicate their needs
- Displays a sound understanding of the commitment required for mentoring
- Have reliable contact details
The Application and Assessment Process
The order of the steps in the application and assessment process can vary from agency to agency, but the following is a general overview of the process. The volunteer applicant:
- Successfully attends a volunteer information session at their local agency
- Submits an application to their local agency
- Submits a police record check and three or four references
- Participates in a one-to-one interview with a staff member at the Big Brothers Big Sisters agency
- Successfully completes an orientation and pre-match training
- Is notified of their acceptance/non-acceptance
- If accepted as a volunteer mentor, signs an agreement of confidentiality