MENTOR’S CORNER PRESENTS: Bullying Awareness workshop In honor of National Bullying Awareness & Prevention Week
MENTOR’S CORNER PRESENTS:
Bullying Awareness workshop
In honor of National Bullying Awareness & Prevention Week
Who: BBBST Mentors
When: Wednesday, November 20th 2019 from 6:30pm-8:30pm
Where: 2345 Yonge Street, Suite 501 (Yonge and Eglinton Office)
Our Program Lead, Leanne Shafir will engage in an informal discussion on topics concerning bullying. This session will cover:
- A quick overview of bullying
- Dealing effectively with bullies (practical strategies specific to you as mentors)
- The difference between conflict and bullying
- Navigating conversations with your Little’s
- Advocacy and supporting parent/guardian
- Resources available in the community
- Sharing experiences/ group discussion – get questions answered by program staff
We will have Leanne facilitate discussions for the first hour. It will be followed by an open table talk in the last hour with other BBBST staff members present.
Please note that space is limited to 30 participants (Bigs only).
There will be further opportunities to attend a session as Mentors Corner will be an ongoing initiative.