ENROL A YOUNG PERSON
If you are a parent/guardian, complete “Inquiry Form” below.
If you are referring a family to our agency, please complete the “Service Provider Referral Form” below
We have a high number of children waiting for a mentor in the following areas Rexdale, Etobicoke, North York and Scarborough due to a shortage of volunteers.
If the child lives in one of these areas it may take 6+ months for the agency to contact you to begin the enrollment process. If you would like more information, contact email@example.com, 416 925 8981 ext 4100.
To enroll a child in Mississauga or Brampton, please contact BBBS Peel at 905-457-7288.
complete an inquiry form below and we will be in contact with you for next steps.
(please note that this is not a formal application).
A child must be between the ages of 7 and 15 years to apply. The mentoring relationship can be supported by the agency through to 19 years of age.
All children and families are welcome to begin the agency’s enrollment process if they are:
- within the age cohort listed
- have the ability to communicate their needs
- independent self-care in regards to hygiene
- have a caregiver who is committed to supporting the child’s involvement with the agency
- have reliable contact details
Before Applying, Caregivers must Agree to the following:
- I understand that there is no obligation on the agency to accept a child.
- I understand that all applicants must be between the ages of 7-15 at the time of inquiry.
- I understand that the child is able to communicate verbally, perform independent self-care and can maintain a healthy relationship respecting boundaries.
- I understand that the child does not have any major presenting behaviours that could put them or a volunteer at risk of harm.
- I understand agency reports will be sent to any professionals or agencies involved with the child.
- I understand that if I do not have full custody, a letter from the other parent will be needed.
- I understand the processing time to enroll a child could take between 6-12 months.