Big Brothers Big Sisters of Toronto is HIRING!
Position: Paid Facilitator of Game On! Boys Mentoring– 15 hours per week
Perfect casual employment opportunity for a University or College Student
Game On! is designed to address the physical activity, healthy eating/nutrition and self-esteem/communications skills of male youth. Male paid facilitators aged 18 – 25 are trained to be mentors to a group of young men (age 10-14yrs) with whom they meet once a week for 2 hour sessions at a participating school.
The main goal of the program is to develop an appreciation of the benefits of an active, healthy, lifestyle among boys and youth. Through the selection of physical activities, complemented with healthy eating support, the goal is to further engage youth in life skills, communication, and emotional health discussions.
- Facilitate and lead Game On! groups in multiple TDSB school sites across the city
- Scheduling is flexible however commitment to a group is critical
- Provide Peer to Peer support to fellow Game On facilitator in the successful delivery of the program through on-site support and consistent attendance.
- Identify safety issues for children and youth currently participating in the Game On! Program.
- Ensure the satisfaction of both the host school/community center and the participating youth in the Game On! Program; address any issues of concern and use problem solving skills to ensure the success and completion of the program.
- Maintain consistent communication with the Game On! Program Coordinator.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to the privacy statement as set out in the Policies and Procedures at BBBST.
- Game On! Facilitator must be between the ages of 18 to 25 years of age.
- Experience facilitating and/or interacting with groups of adolescents in recreational or educational setting is an asset
- First Aid/CPR and High Five PHCD is an asset
- Driver’s License and access to a vehicle is an asset
- 12 hours of availability throughout Mon-Fri usually during lunch hours or from 3pm-5pm
- Will require a Clear Vulnerable Sector Check
- Experience working with people of diverse socioeconomic/cultural backgrounds is an asset.
- Contract position to start September, 2018
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or call 416-925-8981 ext 4120